Sunday, 18 March 2018

Social Media And My Internet Use T5

'Social networks don't bring us closer together as we now talk through computers rather than to each other.'


The advent of technology has most definitely changed our lives. We've evolved with this growth and development, to change they way we keep in touch. My opinions on the statement above are very mixed. I understand how we are faced with screens instead of the faces of our loved ones, but in some ways this benefits us. I have friends that live far away, who we see probably only once every couple of years. Facebook has allowed our families to feel like part of each others lives. the daily commentary of their exploits and vice versa, has meant that we know what they are up to and therefore feel closer. The opposite could be said about the family sat in my living room right now. I have just liked a photograph posted by my mum, instead of telling her face-to-face how much I liked it! As with anything there are pro's and con's. The internet has connected billions of people who would otherwise be unconnected, but we need to make sure we hold onto the real relationships in our lives and nurture them, so our social communication is not lost entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stereotypes Addition

I believe that stereotypes and intelligence do come hand in hand because we cannot possibly comprehend the amount of information that we wou...