Sunday, 10 May 2020

Stereotypes Addition

I believe that stereotypes and intelligence do come hand in hand because we cannot possibly comprehend the amount of information that we would have to process to recall an entire race or culture as individual and completely different people, instead, we merge defining characteristics from past experiences and things we hear from others and the media and this all helps us interpret the people around us, however, the problem is we are more inclined to add negative stereotypes. They could be miss interpreted or completely made up but are spread far and wide by the media and creating a reinforced common stereotype. I don't believe we should aim to live without them, we instead need to control and fact check news going to the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stereotypes Addition

I believe that stereotypes and intelligence do come hand in hand because we cannot possibly comprehend the amount of information that we wou...